1. Amazon Wants To Join SpaceX And Launch 3,200 Internet Satllites
Amazon has officially filed an application with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to launch 3,236 broadband satellites. The online retailer is trying to connect the remaining tens of millions of people to the internet that don’t have access yet as part of Project Kuiper.
Author: Victor Tangermann
Read More On: Futurism
2. A Hospital Introduced a Robot To Help Nurses. They Didn’t Expect It To Be So Popular
Nurses are in high demand: The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the number of jobs for nurses will grow 15% from 2016 to 2026, which is much faster than other jobs.
Author: Katharine Schwab
Read More On: Fast Company
3. Robots, Not Humans, Are The New Space Explorers
When Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon 50 years ago, it was an inspiring moment for people around the world. But another kind of explorer is responsible for much of the modern enthusiasm for space exploration.
Author: Joe Palca
Read More On: National Public Radio
4. Here’s What Happens in Your Brain When You’re Creeped Out by Certain Robots
You might be familiar with the ‘uncanny valley’ effect, where a computer-generated character or robot looks almost human… but with enough of a gap to a real person to leave you feeling uneasy.
Author: David Nield
Read More On: science alert
5. 10 Charts That Will Change Your Perspective Of AI In Marketing
Top-performing companies are more than twice as likely to be using AI for marketing (28% vs. 12%) according to Adobe’s latest Digital Intelligence Briefing. Retailers are investing $5.9B this year in AI-based marketing and customer service solutions to improve shoppers’ buying experiences according to IDC.
Author: Louis Columbus
Read More On: Forbes
6. No Robots Won’t Take Our Jobs But We Need New Skills
Technology may get a bum rap when it comes to the impact on future jobs, but a new survey from ManpowerGroup, the employment company, found technological advances will create jobs in new areas.
Author: Donna Fuscaldo
Read More On: Interesting Engineering
7. Machine-learning algorithms can discover new things
Are computers smart enough to make scientific discoveries? Research by the US Department of Energy’s Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory suggests the answer may be “yes”.
8. Why SoftBank Invested $300 Million In Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
9. Man Vs. Machine: The 6 Greatest AI Challenges To Showcase The Power Of Artificial Intelligence
AI is one of the most rapidly growing domains today. Keeping track and taking stock of AI requires not just constant attention, but also the ability to dissect and evaluate across a number of dimensions.
Author: George Anadiotis
Read More On: ZD Net